Roberta’s Dream Bursary
Retired nurse and former Associate Executive Director at Portage District General Hospital Roberta Linette received financial assistance while pursuing her education. She now wishes to offer similar assistance to staff members at PDGH. To that end, a bursary was established to be administered by the Portage District General Hospital Foundation.
All staff members who are entering a health-related educational program at the university level are eligible for the bursary. Employees must be registered at a recognized educational institution in a recognized program at the Baccalaureate, Master’s or Doctoral level and must have accumulated a minimum of one year of full-time service at the Portage District General Hospital.
Applications for this bursary will be reviewed and approved by the Roberta’s Dream Bursary Committee which is composed of:
- Representative of the Portage District General Hospital Foundation-appointed by the Board
- On-Site Representative of the Portage District General Hospital-individual responsible for Nursing Services
- Representative of the Donor, or the Donor herself
Employees wishing to apply for this bursary are requested to submit their application in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Roberta’s Dream Bursary Committee
c/o Portage District General Hospital Foundation
524 5th Street SE
Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 3A8
Your written application should include, but not limited to:
- How your education program will benefit both your career plan in healthcare and Portage District General Hospital
- A brief outline of your financial need for this bursary
Roberta's Dream bursary winners
Executive Director Erin Miller with Chelsea Drain (left) and Sheena Zasitko (right). Both receiving $4753.69
Executive Director Erin Miller handing Alyssa Nagorski the Roberta’s Dream Bursary. Value of $8,069.95
Executive Director Erin Miller with bursary recipients Alyssa Nagorski & Angela McMillan. Each receiving $2,369.24.
Executive Director Erin Miller with bursary recipients Tamara Miller, Angela McMillan & Christa Orton. Each receiving $1520.32.