The Portage District General Hospital is an 88 bed acute care regional facility. Services included are, Mental Health, Emergency, Ambulatory Care Clinics, Intensive Care, Observation, Diagnostics, Laboratory, Medical, Surgery, Day Surgery, Obstetrics, Chemotherapy, Dialysis, Rehab/Assess and Rehab Services OT/PT and Speech. Emergency: 28,000 visits annually (4000 are pediatrics)
- Birthing beds = 3
- ER stretchers = 13
- Surgical beds = 17 beds (with 2 being private)
- Observation stretchers = 2 located in the ICU
- Recovery Room stretchers = 4
- Medical beds = 36
- Same Day Surgery stretchers, chairs = 5
- Dialysis stations = 9
- Chemotherapy stations chairs + stretcher = 5 chairs and 1 stretcher
- Operating Rooms = 2
- Ambulatory Care Clinic Rooms – There are 4 rooms. One is assigned to telehealth, one to preop clinic, one is considered the “gyne” room and the other is used for Doctor Visits, ostomy clinic & surgical follow up.
- General Surgeon: 2 general surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeon: 1 visiting surgeon
- ENT Surgeon: 1 ENT Surgeon
- Cataract Surgeon: 1 Surgeon
- Visiting Specialists: Dr Gerttein Gynecologist
- Visiting Services: Mobile Breast Screening
- Family Physicians: Approx 25
- Full/Part time/Casual Staff: Approx 350
The following list of communities receives their primary health care services from The Portage District General Hospital:
- City of Portage la Prairie
- R.M. of Northfolk
- R.M. of Westbourne
- R.M. of Lakeview
- R.M. of Alonsa
- R.M. of St Francois Xavier
- R.M. of Cartier
- R.M. of Gray
- Sandy Bay Ojibwa First Nation
- Long Plain First Nation
- Dakota Plains First Nation
- Dakota Tipi First Nation
- To receive donations for the benefit of health care and therefore help to maintain a high level of care for residences served in this area of Manitoba.
- To enhance, enrich and maintain a high level of quality health care at The Portage District General Hospital, Douglas Campbell Lodge and Regency House by receiving donations for the benefit of all three sites and therefore help to maintain a high level of care for residence served in this area of Manitoba.
The Portage District General Hospital Foundation Vision is to be a trusted agent for Philanthropy benefiting everyone’s health care in our community. The Values are the principles upon which the Foundation will continue to grow:
Working together with donors, other funders, planners and community groups, Portage District General Hospital Foundation will foster the creation of new ideas and solutions to increase effectiveness.
Portage District General Hospital Foundation will practice open, accessible and ethical behaviour towards all who come in contact with the Foundation.
Portage District General Hospital Foundation believes that a proactive, innovative approach will produce grant making that meets the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Portage District General Hospital Foundation, will operate with policies and practices that reflect clearly articulated values which inspire trust and stress fairness, flexibility and inclusiveness.
Portage District General Hospital’s Foundation mission will be achieved through strong leadership, governance, and capable administration. The Foundation will provide information to donors and the broader community regarding its operations and impact.
The future growth and stability of the foundation will be promoted by effective fiscal management, reliable stewardship strategic planning by the Portage District General Hospital Foundation Board of Directors.
Portage District General Hospital Foundation will encourage actions to cultivate, nurture and sustain the capacity for self-reliance, as the Foundation believes it is an essential strength for individuals, organizations and communities.